Just so you know…I’m obsessed with this recipe!!!
This slightly sweet bread is perfect for breakfast & loaded with healthy, good-for-you ingredients like pumpkin, zucchini, carrots, coconut, nuts, and seeds and dried fruits. I LOVE this warmed up slightly with my morning cup of coffee or tea ❤
Did I mention this is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, paleo friendly, & processed sugar-free. AKA: eat it and don’t feel guilty, mmmmkay? 😉
Enough talking…on to the recipe!
• 3 cups almond flour
• 1½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• ¼ cup flax meal
• 3 eggs
• ¼ cup + 2T coconut oil, melted
• 2-4T honey
• ¾ cup pumpkin puree
• ¾ cup grated zucchini (squeeze out excess liquid!)
• ½ cup grated carrots
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut
• 1½ nuts & seeds – I used a combo of chopped walnuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds
• ½ cup dried fruit – I used unsweetened cranberries, raisins, and chopped apricots
• Any nuts and/or chocolate chips if you want
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Get your bread pan ready by lightly rubbing with coconut oil and (optional) lining with parchment paper that hangs over the long edges (to allow for easier removal of the bread from the pan)
- Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl and wet in a smaller bowl then add wet mixture to the dry & mix well until combined
- Fold in all “goodies” until well combined – it will be a thick mixture
- Loosly tent the top with tin foil to avoid burning and bake for 1 hour
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely
- Cut with serrated knife for best results!
- Store wrapped in the refrigerator. It should be good for 7-10 days…not that it will last that long 😉
Eat. Enjoy. Love.