These are super flavorful and also vegan! Though, there will be one ingredient you can choose to use that would made them simply vegetarian 😉
My secret ingredient is really the iWon protein chips…just like my last veggie burger recipe, I crush them up instead of using standard bread crumbs and they add flavor, protein, and are an EXCELLENT binder for the burgers!
- 1 bag iWon! Ranch protein chips, finely crushed
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 large carrot (or 5-7 baby carrots)
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 2-4 T ranch dressing of choice (I used the vegan brand Follow Your Heart)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste (I personally don’t add any!)
- Toppings & buns of choice
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. *if you don’t have parchment paper, it’s ok 🙂
- Add onion, zucchini, and carrot into food processor or high-speed blender (I used my nutribullet) and pulse until veggies are finely chopped, place in mixing bowl
- Add rinsed chickpeas to same food processor/blender and pulse until almost all chunks are gone (a few are okay 😉 ), add to mixing bowl as well.
- Add parsley, garlic powder, ranch dressing, crushed chips, and oat flour to the bowl and mix everything together well.
- If it is too wet, go ahead and add more oat flour.
- If it is too dry, add in more ranch dressing
- Taste mixture and add salt and pepper and/or more garlic powder to taste.
- Form into 4 patties and place on lined baking sheet.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the patties are lightly browned and feel very dry to the touch. I know it seems like a long time…but these patties have a lot of moisture in them that needs to cook out to hold their shape well and taste just PERFECT ❤
- (optional) Add cheese of chouce during the last few minutes in the oven to melt.
- Serve however you would like and with whatever toppings your lovely heart desires!
**Leftover burgers will keep in the fridge for up to a week and can also be frozen for up to a month 🙂
Eat. Enjoy. Love.