This is the PERFECT
This is also highly customizable because you can add whatever veggies you like and you can also add tofu (which I did), or tempeh, or vegan chicken (or regular chicken for you meat eaters 😉 ) And toppings…go crazy! Try things like scallions or chives, cilantro, parsley, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, chopped peanuts, hot sauce, etc., etc.
- 1/4 C peanut butter
- 2-4 T coconut aminos OR reduced sodium soy sauce/tamari (I actually used half of each!)
- 2-4 T plant milk, plain & unsweetened
- 2-3 T sesame oil
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Grated fresh ginger, to taste (optional)
- 4 packages instant ramen noodles, discard the flavor pack (I just use the $0.15 cent kind!)
- Any veggies you’d like & as much or as little as you’d like, made into skinny “noodle” shapes –> use a spiralizer, or a vegetable peeler, or even simply julienne the veggies
- I used 2 carrots and 1 zucchini in the photo shown
- Any protein you would like (optional)
- I added Sesame Ginger baked tofu
TOPPINGS (in photo shown)
- Cabbage, thinly sliced –> while this is not required, I HIGHLY recommend adding this for the fabulous crunch (also very healthy & hydrating
- Extra sriracha
- Fresh Cilantro
- Hemp seeds
- Scallion, thinly sliced
- Add water (about 6-8 cups) to a large pot and bring to a boil
- Add ramen noodles, turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes
- While noodles are sitting, add all sauce ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until well combined – taste the sauce and adjust the aminos/soy sauce and/or sriracha to your liking!
- Drain noodles and rinse in cold water, then transfer to a large bowl
- Optional: use a knife or kitchen shears to cut the noodles up a bit (I recommend this so the noodles aren’t so long and it is easier to eat when chilled…trust me)
- Add in veggie “noodles” + protein + sauce and mix well with chopsticks, tongs, two forks, or even your hands, until well combined
- Cover and place in fridge until well-chilled, usually 1-2 hours.
- Add cabbage and other desired toppings and DEVOUR
Eat. Enjoy. Love.