This is the EASIEST soup you will ever make! And it is perfect for adding things to. This time, I added chopped up chicken breast but feel free to throw in other veggies, cooked pasta, spinach (I know, I just said veggies), beans, other cooked meats & sausages, cheese…the list goes on and on.
It is simple, fast and healthy which are all things I love in a soup! It also makes 6 servings, so when I make it, Daniel and I can enjoy it throughout the week.
And don’t be scared to toss on the toppings! Vegan sour cream, cilantro, salsa, etc., etc., etc.
It will look like this:
And then like this:
*note* this has the Beyond Meat chicken added
So, here we go.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1-2 heads broccoli
- 1lb bag baby carrots (or 1lb regular carrots)
- 1 small onion
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- water, if needed, to completely cover veggies in pot
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (optional)
- any spices desired
- I used thyme, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and poultry seasoning. You can completely play with the spices and make this a totally different soup. Try curry spices for a spiced curry soup!
- Any additions you want!!!
- I used about 12oz of chopped Beyond Meat chicken
- Chop up cauliflower, broccoli, & onion
- Add all veggies to pot & cover with broth and water, if needed
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer until veggies are completely soft (about 30-45 minutes)
- Use immersion blender to completely blend until smooth (or blend in standard blender in batches)
- Mix in sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add in any additions you would like.
Store in tupperware for up to one week in fridge or freeze for up to a month!
Eat. Enjoy. Love.