If you have ever eaten Cafe Yumm then you know what this is and it needs no explaining!!! For those of you who haven’t….well you’ve missed out BUT NOW you can make your own yumm bowls of all sorts at home!!! And you know that the sauce is homemade & healthier 🙂
- Yumm Bowl: a mixture of rice, beans, veggies, yumm sauce, salsa, & vegan sour cream(or non-vegan, if you please) then just mix up and enjoy!!)
<–This Yumm Bowl: brown jasmin rice, kidney beans, yumm sauce, spinach, cilantro, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, and salsa.
You can also use this as a yummy salad dressing, sandwich spread, pasta sauce, veggie/cracker dip, etc, etc, etc 🙂
So…to the recipe!!!
Makes 1.5 cups of sauce
- 1/2 C light olive oil (you could sub canola, or another light-flavored oil)
- 1/2 C almonds
- 1/2 C cooked garbanzo beans (homemade or canned)
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1tsp oregano
- 1/2 – 1tsp yellow curry powder (start with 1/2tsp and add more to your liking!)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (again, start with just 1 and add more to your liking!)
- 1T nutritional yeast
- a small handful of fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 2T raisins
Put everything into a high-powered blender (Nutribullet is my weapon of choice) and blend until creamy!! This sauce comes out pretty thick so if you want to use any or all of it as a salad dressing I would just add a bit more almond milk to make it a tad thinner. OR just have a nice thick salad dressing!!!
My super secret: The RAISINS!!!!! (Now your secret, too). When I was making this, something was missing then *poof* “RAISINS” popped into my head so I added them and VOILA!!!! Perfect deliciousness 🙂 🙂 🙂
Keep covered in the refrigerator. Should keep 1-2 weeks no problem…not that you won’t eat it all in a couple days 😉
Eat. Enjoy. Love