This is Vegan. This is even Raw. Mainly, this is fast, simple, and DELICIOUS. The man of the house even requested a 2nd helping he loved it so much!!
I love experimenting with all types of foods and lately have really been enjoying vegan items and recipes. I am experimenting more and more with vegan cooking & baking so more recipes will be coming your way!! This was very simple & quick to make; in fact the part that took the longest was twisting the zucchinis through my spiralizer (noodle-maker for veggies…if you don’t have one, GET ONE!!). The sauce; about 1 minute, tops!!! I know you are going to love this!!
We ate ours cold, but I think it would also be amazing hot…which would take away the “raw” aspect, but hey, vegan is kick-a%$ all by itself 🙂 I think next time I will eat it hot, myself, in fact!
**this makes 4 servings**
- 8oz carrots
- 1.5oz walnuts (toasted if not going for “raw”)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2T extra virgin olive oil (another oil could also be substituted, if desired)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4tsp garlic powder
- 3/4tsp onion powder
- 1/2tsp salt (more can be added later, to taste)
- a handful of parsley (other herbs can be used also, if desired)
- 4 zucchini, made into noodles
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2-1 bunch scallions, chopped
- extra chopped walnuts or Vegan Parm for toppings
In a high-speed blender, combine all the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth (you can add more water if too thick). Add more salt, to taste, if desired.
Pour over the zucchini, tomatoes, and scallions in a large bowl and toss to combine.
If desired, top with vegan parm and/or extra chopped walnuts.
Eat. Enjoy. Love
*******Some variations I recommend********
- Toast the nuts used for the sauce
- After blending, heat the sauce in a pan and, once heated to desired temp, pour over pasta and toss together
- Swap the parsley for cilantro and add 1/4-1/2tsp (or more if you like spicy) cayenne pepper
- Experiment with various nuts, herbs, & oils!!! Carrots go well with so many flavors your options are endless!! Get creative and have fun!!!
- Heck, while we are being creative, try using parsnips instead of carrots.
Ok…I am done with the options…for now 😉